Home Page

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Angelina Jolie on a mission to save tigers

Angelina Jolie on a mission to save tigersActress Angelina Jolie is a champ of many noble causes, and this time too she is carrying forward her passion with a new mission – saving tigers.

 

The Tomb Raider actress recently announced in the July issue of Esquire magazine that she is on a new task, of saving the endangered Asian tigers.

 

However, that doesn't mean she's turning a vegetarian.

 

"I have an animal sanctuary in Cambodia. I'll protect the tigers. But I do like a steak. That's my diet," the Daily News quoted Angelina, as saying.

 

Angelina also said that she loses her patience when it comes to self-absorbed and superficial starlets.

 

Angelina's large-scale cause-seeking started after a visit to Sierra Leone in 2001 when she "realized how completely naive I was to think I had a difficult life. It was as if someone slapped me across the face and said, 'Oh, my God, you silly young woman from California, do you have any idea how difficult the world really is for so many people?' I got out of myself pretty quickly."

0 comments: