Home Page

Monday, November 20, 2006

Longoria too sexy to be a politician

Longoria too sexy to be a politician
Despite being actively involved in politics, 'Desperate Housewives' star Eva Longoria insists that she will never be able to make the shift from actress to politician, for she’s sure that people will always think of her as her character on the hit show.

Speaking to a group of Latin political leaders at a lunch in Washington on Wednesday (15 Nov) Longoria, who plays the seductive Gabrielle Solis on the show, joked that though she wanted to run for President of the United States, her past on the show, which included an affair with a teenage gardener, faking a paternity test, and having a husband who was imprisoned, would be just too chequered for the American people.

However, one place where Longoria was confident she would win, was California, which also voted to make 'Terminator' Arnold Schwarzenegger the Governor.

"I'm here today to announce my candidacy for president. Oh, wrong speech! In the last two years, I've had an affair with the gardener and a teenager, I've faked a paternity test, my husband went to prison, and I threw him out of a window. I would probably win in California,"
Femalefirst quoted her, as saying.

The feisty Latina also joked that their wild sex lives on the show had left the cast of the hit series extremely confused about their political leanings.

"I think everybody on Wisteria Lane has the money of a Republican, but the sex life of a Democrat so it's a really political show," she added.

0 comments: