Home Page

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Beyonce's kissing class

Beyonce's kissing class
Remember being nervous about your first kiss?

Let's face it, practising on your own hand is never sufficient preparation for the real thing.

Now, we're sure that Beyonce and her man Jay-Z are well past the point of needing to perfect their own particular snogging style.

But that didn't help Miss Knowles when she puckered up for her very first screen kiss - with co-star Jamie Foxx.

The singer had to be shown how to snog - actor style - for the film Dreamgirls because she wasn't sure what to do.

She said, "I guess you could say we had a love scene. We kissed. Now, I'm a singer/songwriter, that's what I did first — I didn't start out going to acting classes and people-kissing classes.

"So that's all still new to me. Working with my acting coach made it easier. I just thought it was necessary for the character, we have to establish that they're married.

"Jamie was very professional, it was quick, and you know, it is what it is."
In the film, Beyonce plays soul singer Deena Jones and Jamie is Curtis Taylor Jr, her husband.

0 comments: